Goa is the Beach City of India where Goa Forts figures the historical monuments of Goa. Several numbers of goa forts are the main magnetism of Goa Tourist Places. Goa attracts tourists from different corners of the world. Forts in goa enlighten the ancient stories about the land. Certain views of the history still remain. There are a few fortresses in Goa that have stood the analysis of time and have a lot to say of the years pass by.
The goa Aguada Fort is situated on the northern part of Goa. Tactically it is located at the bank of the river Mandovi. It was built in 1612 as a protector against the attacks from the Dutch and the Marathas. This fort is too strong to protect the Portuguese province and it is the one and only fort that was not occupied by any attackers during Portuguese kingdom. On the other side of the fort a wall of red-brown late service juts into the cove to make a quay between two small sandy coves. This scenic destination in goa tourist places is called as Sinquerim beach.
The Chapora Fort is located on the southern peninsula of the Chapora River. It was constructed by the Adil Shah of Bijapur. Now the fort is mostly damages. Portuguese were built Chapora fort in 1617 to save themselves against Muslim and Maratha emperors. It lies in spoils today, but the picturesque views from shore the wild plants infected walls are still wonderful. One can still see the starts of the two subways that in the past provided supply roads for overwhelmed guards, also can view the scattering of Muslim gravestone on the smooth slopes of the mount. These gravestones are considered to be remnants of the pre-colonial days. The main attraction of Goa tourist places are the superb views from the bastion’s walls.
Cabo fort was constructed in around 1540 AD and is situated at Franciscan monastery. It built by using laterite stones. This later became abode of the Governor of goa. A small Chapel was built at the end of the house, and was bestowed to our virgin lady of the cape (Nossa Senhora do Cabo). It provided as an attraction for the seafarers. Later the chapel caught the alertness of the Viceroy D. Matias d Albuquerque. He was a guard of the developed Franciscan friars known as ‘remembers’. The Viceroy decided to rebuild the chapel and also built a monastery by it. He paid all the rates engaged in its edifice. Goa tourist places make goa tourism as more wonderful.